The enclosure of the churchyard did not take place until the early years of this time. To permit this to be completed a number of cottages behind the De Lacy pub had to be demolished.
Boxed pews disappeared and the pews where arranged in fashion to face the East in 1909.
In the same period the three-decker Pulpit was removed, while a Lectern and Pulpit were placed in their present position.
The original organ was built for Lancaster Priory by Gerard Smith in 1727. In its magnificent 18th century case, it came to Whalley in 1813 as a gift from Adam Cottam. On four subsequent occasions it was enlarged and improved.A loft for the organ was first built in 1812. In 1909 it was re-built, the front being made from one of the Galleries which had been removed. The Royal Arms are those of George II.
Another churchyard oddities, include a stone to the memory of George Crowshaw, of Read, husbandman, February 21st, 1811, aged 105. Near the cross by the Chancel door is a stone bearing the name of Jacob Green, in his third year, with the date 30th February 1819!!! There seems to be considerable confusion here, as the register shows that the child was buried on 2nd March, 1817.
On the wall near the north door is the Painting that for many years previous to 1928 was the centre piece of the Reredos behind the High Altar. The artist James Northcote, R.A., named it “Christ in the Garden.” It was another of the gifts to the Church from Adam Cottam, and was presented in 1816.
The clock is the second one that the Church has possessed. It was installed in 1819.
The south door porch is modern (1844), but the doorway into the Church contains some of the remaining pieces of the Norman Church.
Situated at the west end of the aisle is a window by Hardman (1865), and is in memory of Anna, wife of Thomas Hall. It is a companion to the window in the south aisle.